Saturday, May 15, 2010

Anthony Pierpont, Kauai North Shore adventure











It was the winter of 2004-2005 that I made my way over to Kauai to spend Christmas with my sister and her kids on what would turn out to be one of the best opportunities to take some great photos and so far some of the best I have taken. My favorite themes for good photos are sunsets, the ocean and anything tropical. My nephews showed me the island and it was such a wonderful experience to spend time with them all in this lush garden of Eden. Kauai is an amazing Island that is arid in the south and a lush rain forest in the north. Some of the best photos I took were on a hike we took along the Na Pali coastline where ancient Hawaiian boys would have to swim the treacherous coastline and if the survived the huge waves, jagged rocks and shark infested waters then they were considered men. This is one of my favorite places on earth.